Friday 11 November 2011

First post

All of the good blog titles are taken?  That's my excuse for the title of this blog, which on the face of it has nothing to do with a sabbatical from work or a trip to Mexico.   Except that I'm considering making an effort to get over my caffeine addiction this trip.  Yes, I may try to train myself to do without several cups of tea a day.  Try, anyway.  Good tea is hard to find when you're travelling, particularly in Mexico. And switching to bad tea or (shudder) coffee just isn't worth it. 

I'm also looking forward to the chocolate in Oaxaca.  The best drinking chocolate I've had in my life was an iced chocolate I had in Morelia.  And Morelia isn't even particularly known for its chocolate!  Unlike Oaxaca, which has shops that will grind your own "mix" of chocolate, almonds, and cinnamon into tablets for later use.  Just think of how much fun it might be to develop the perfect concoction....

No comments:

Post a Comment