Saturday 19 November 2011

Hitting the road...

When we planned our last day of work and our departure date two weeks later, it seemed a like we'd have a lot of time to leisurely prepare for our trip. Hah! To some extent it was a matter of the amount of work expanding to fit the time allotted. But while it might not have been strictly necessary to organize and sort the linen cupboard, bathroom cabinet, kitchen cabinet, basement, closet, and dresser, it does mean that Kyle has places to put his stuff. And it feels good to have gotten it done. And until I return, I'm going to live with the happy illusion that the house remains the same as it was when we left: fridge gleaming, floors swept, lawn raked. Really, by the time we were all done I was loathe to leave! Almost, anyway.

Since then, it's been mostly drive drive and drive. I think Harv may prefer that I do less of the driving....it seems like we hit traffic jams every time I'm behind the wheel. I'm now officially the car expert at navigating Seattle at rush hour, and the Portland - Eugene game time rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment