Wednesday 27 May 2015

New Adventures --Part III

Well, it finally happened.  The third (or was it fourth?) definite date that I was given turned out to be the true one.  I was finally laid off this week.

Oddly, I hadn't mentally planned "the day" itself.  "The day" itself turned out to be awkward.  Some of my colleagues who were aware of the plans had beautiful layoff emails composed, that they sent as they packed up their desks.  I hadn't thought about it. Salan had cleaned absolutely everything personal out of the office, and was ready to leave immediately after her conversation.  I unexpectedly found some papers that I needed to shred at the bottom of a drawer that I'd completely forgotten about.  Not to mention that I was unexpectedly emotional as I ran into Vancouver colleagues that I've shared an office with for 10 years.....and didn't have a nice speech composed either about leaving, or about how wonderful some of them are.

Sigh.

However my performance, it's done now. My time is my own...and I'm already getting a start on my new routine.  I'm even starting to feel genuinely mentally free of the company....which feels like an accomplishment, given that I spent 10 years there and have only officially been gone for less than a week.

I'm even starting to feel a small amount of glee....I'm free.  I'm really free.  I can really spend my time as I please.  Welcome summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment